Friday, March 15, 2013

New Table Runner

Each year I am in a Secret Sister group at our church.  Usually in the final "reveal" - after a year of gift giving and praying for our secret sister, I make a table runner, or some such handmade gift.  I enjoy the process immensely.  This is the table runner I made this year and will give this weekend.  I've had this wonderful fabric for quite some time - and recently purchased the red for the hexagon flowers and binding.

It's made from 5 inch blocks.
I love these colors!

I had a lot of the blue/cream fabric left...so why not a pretty back!
I chose to do fairly simple quilting - as time permitted me practicing my free motion quilting.  Just straight line quilting.  I think the flowers in the center really add a great touch to what otherwise might have been a rather boring table runner.  

I've picked a new secret sister for the next year...so the new planning and praying begins again!


No comments:

Post a Comment