Saturday, January 11, 2014

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

We have had a box of my grandpa's old neckties down in the basement for months, and yesterday I finally got the urge to make something out of them! I found this super cool tutorials for zippered pouches here, and decided to try it! I love the results, and can't wait to make more!

First comes the "deconstruction" stage...


Then you add interfacing and batting...


Next you sew on the old tie tags (I love the character they add!), and ends on the zippers.


This little one is almost finished - I just have to sew the side seams...


The final result!


Then I made a larger pouch out of two bigger ties!


Like I said, I love how they turned out, and I can't wait to make more for a fun new addition to our booth this summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment